Monday, September 03, 2007

I've got mail - the old fashioned kind,


A few weeks ago, Bear asked if I wanted this book, while he was buying some darkroom books. You see Amazon suggested this, he must have been known to buy the odd sock book. I wonder why? hhmmmm
Yesterday it arrived - and I think between Hedgerow, and Brother Amos (yes that arrived yesterday as well), and the other book I ordered yesterday from Amazon for myself I guess it will be a year or two of socks.

And stash - Yes Tania I do have Stash, albeit a small stash, only two shallow drawers in a large set of drawers, and a plastic tub in the hall cupboard. See the side bar for an update.
And I am all prepared to be very very sheepish when I become a Ravelry addict like better knitters than me, such as Stellify and Tania and Jussie. Can you believe the waiting list to Ravel is over 19,o00 people! Just as well we are all knitting something to Ravel latter. I looked myself up today, and with 1,033 ahead of me (11,000 already in), and 18,000 behind me - that is just huge! - Don't you love how the waiting list checker is coded 'Antsy'?
So ...
  • You are #12039 on the list.
  • 1033 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 18357 people are behind you in line.
  • 36% of the list has been invited so far
Do you feel so so sorry for that 30,396th person (maths 12039+18357)
- do you think they knew they were so far down the list when they signed up? (we are not at all sorry for the 12,039th person - she has many many WIP's to finish),
and yet you know that within a day or so another hundred or more will clip on to that list.

No comments: