Saturday, September 08, 2007

The crochet video I promised


But here is a rather brief video of a a single crochet stitch, as promised. I can't remember being taught to crochet, and its not something I profess to being an expert at. I do know that my family relocated from Auckland to Dunedin in the early 1970's when I was 6 or 7 and I could already crochet then. My Nana taught me, she is still around and aged 94 or so. I had real problems with following patterns, nothing I crocheted ended up flat, I must have had a tendency to increase willy-nilly. The up side was my Barbie and Syndy dolls had the most amazing ruffled crochet flamenco skirts.

... Introducing the finished blocked hat for Poppy, with matching Teddy hat for Curly Bear (not blocked). Both hats made up as you crochet with multiple frogging. Curly has featured here before. Ok so now there is only 4 Wip's in the knitting basket - Bears (Big spousal bear) garter rib sweater, My silk merino fanna cardigan, Hedgerow socks, and the very slow cook Fish blanket.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you are very brave counting your WIPs. I'm not even prepared to do that!

Octopus Knits said...

Cool video, and love the hats!