Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Measure knit, measure knit, measure knit ...

Measure knit,
thats the essence of the past few days knitting. At the last post I had nearly reached 32 cm , now days latter and many many rows latter, I'm at 35 cm.
How can that be?
I knit row after row after row, well actually I knit a row, purl a row, knit a row, purl a row,
stop and measure - and lo only a scant part of a centimeter has been added. There truly is a black hole in the fabric of time and space in which sometimes mysteriously my knitting time passes and yet no progress is made.

Still - today, my slow progress on my Alpaca tangled yoke cardie, lace stole swatch part 2 begins and I spin and spin (maybe thats why my knitting grows so slow).


Here is the tangled alpaca cardigan, which had a marvelous growth spurt last week, but seems to have grown less this week. I tell myself only a few more rows or centimeters, whichever comes first, and then I can make sleeves.

My second half swatch has been begun, this will be grafted to the first half swatch and then a two step knitted border added. There just are not enough days in the week, or rather there are but I have sold my days to my employers. I am usually quite happy about that deal, as it funds my life and my life activities. Monday was different - well I was wondering if resignation letters ended with with a yours sincerely or with some thing more fitting such as take this job and ...

And my gotland merino, spun semi worsted from a cloud, 3 ply, sorry no other stats other than 62g and 72m. This was also from Chocolate wools, and the prep was excellent, a different carder was used this time. I think I've got enough for another 3 skeins to spin up of this, and am thinking it will be the next baby blanket - same as the last but naturally coloured.

Take care, knit some, spin some if you dare, stop and smell some roses, hug the cubs, imagine an ending to the perfect resignation letter for my next storm in a tea cup ...
perhaps my next post will celebrate 37cm
na Stella

2 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

Ah, yes, the Stockinette Slog. I've been there. I've also thought about that resignation sign-off, but have never come up with the perfect one. Perhaps that's why I'm still here? ;) I hope that the rest of the week goes better, and that you, too, get some time to complete that lovely list at the end of your post.

KathyR said...

Remember what 'they' say about watched pots? Maybe knitting is like a pot.