Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Done!

mmm - Wine and Roses mitts both done, blocked and I'm ready to move on. So today I'm thanking you for the positive comments about Odessa, it was so nice to hear - thank you. I also have a big thank you to Kathy - she gave me a some positive feedback in the form of a rosette, aw shucks ... thank you, then there is the Mitt report and I've sewn on a button, just one mind you.
but first - look!
I'd like to thank all the people who make this possible - the knit bloggers who go before me, who battled code and servers and tech stuff, and the knit communities that encourage us to post our works and progress and let me be a voyeur in the world wide knit community ... ok, I'm no award winning speech writer, so 'nugh about me, and on to the people I'd like to award




So as usual there are a few simple rules to follow in accepting a rosette,
  1. Post the award on your blog.
  2. Ad a link to the person who gave you the award.
  3. Nominate at least 4 others.
  4. Leave a comment on their blog so they can pass it on.
4, I'm not sure I can keep to four but here goes (and we will just assume that Kathy is ineligible - because I want to hand it back)
Ysolda - who is clever, and practical, and knits, and designs and cooks and oh - well just everything really.
Joclyn - who is also clever, knits lace that I aspire to, and parents really really sensibly, and cooks.
Jane - who is clever, knits beautiful things, takes the most amazing photos, and leads me to the dark side of spinning with her images of singles and plied yarns on the bobbin, and cooks.
and just 4?
Oh its hard - but next up would be Deb B- who is also clever, and is not afraid to knit socks, and socks and socks and socks (52 pair plunge kind of volumes of socks), display her stash, and probably cooks as well ...



And the Mitts, here they are, all the texture and colours of summer wine and roses.
Started: 2nd September,
Finished : 16th September,
Needles 2.75mm
Yarn: Handspun 2 ply 76% merino|25% silk mill scrap at a total cost of $NZ1 (its $10 per kg)
Weight: both mitts 24g
Yarn left over: 70g (what do I do with this?)
That means these mitts cost me less than 25 cents? How cool is that?


and lastly - the Monmouth cap, has a button. Hand made in pewter, bought years ago at a gallery and waiting for the right project. It might be a tad small - but I think it works - don't you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've tagged you for a meme! Not sure if this is something you want to do, so no pressure - check out my latest blog post for the rules.....

Knitting Linguist said...

Thank you so very much! The parenting compliment in particular means a lot coming from such a good parent :) As for the mitts -- they're gorgeous. You knit the most beautiful hand coverings. I vote you knit another pair with the leftover yarn ;)

KathyR said...

Your mitts are a gorgeous pair of nothingness (as in 24g is almost nothing)! As for what to do with the leftovers - gosh, um, a light, lacy cravat or mobius to wear with the mitts?