Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tvåändsstickning - holding those twisty yarns

Today - a quick short post, a video showing the more efficient hold for twined knitting. I developed this method based on a few photos in an article in an Threads book, Knitting around the world. The article is 'Swedish two-stranded knitting' by Linda D Y Sokalski. I inter-loaned a copy through my local library - then found several of my knitting group had copies.




and thanks for nice messages last post, its been a sad few days, and I expect there will be more sadness to come. My colleague is some one I first co-taught papers with 8 years ago, and who I watched as she completed her masters. She is some one with whom I have had many many process vs product discussions centered on student work. She has an arts background and I a science one, together we found that the same things were important in our students work.

Take care - I'm still twining away on my mittens, and I promise progress images next time.
Stella

4 comments:

KathyR said...

Interesting video, thanks! I think I may have been doing something similar to this but I must see if I can't pick my mitten up and do some today and try your method out. I've been kntting baby mittens for a little DGG who has been getting cold hands at night. Just the seaming to go on the last pair. Good to hear you have your voice back, too!

Sarah said...

I was quite sorry to hear about your colleague. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. Glad you're still knitting though...since chocolate isn't helping:)

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh! Very nice technique, and it does seem like a much faster way to go about it than letting the yarn go and picking it up each time...

I hope that Friday went as well as possible under the circumstances. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this video. It's very clear & helpful. I hope to learn this technique soon.
Diane (dplantlady on Ravelry)